Sales Secret, located in Fort Lauderdale, FL creates social media public relations campaigns that blanket your target market with positive information about your company and its products and services. In a reputation management setting social media can be used as a means of damage control and media crisis prevention. Contact us at 954-271-1140 today for a free consultation.
Maybe you don’t need Social Media!
Let’s get right to the main reasons why social media may not be right for you personally:
You hate publicity
You have something terrible to hide
You are too busy being a star to bother with networking
You’re less than ten year’s old or over 100
You already have too many customers
Seriously, there are very few situations where a social media profile will not be of some use in your business life.
Pushed for time?
Social media can be very time-consuming and this makes some people hesitant to get involved: hey we all have very limited time resources. But the truth is that more and more social media channels are churning out mobile options to make things as easy as possible for users and service companies are getting onto social media in an effort to better serve their clientele. City Search is just one example of this move to mobility and social media. Twitter, Plurk, Facebook and many other sites have had mobile options for some time now.
While there can hardly be a teenager in the universe who doesn’t consider social media a vital part of life, there is still an element of the rest of us that resists the move to online socializing. While you may resist it, you probably won’t be able to stay out of it forever, so perhaps it’s better to get in there now.
Networking for everyone
After ‘create a business plan’ most business coaches next advise entrepreneurs to network, network, network. Everywhere we look in business, marketing and branding resources we see that the advice to network figures pretty highly. Social media provides a medium where you can network to your heart’s content from wherever you want and at no cost or inconvenience.
You need to ask yourself the following questions:
1. What goals are you trying to accomplish by engaging in social media marketing?
2. Are you ready to launch a social media campaign? (There’s no point in having 30 social media profiles if they point to an ugly, poorly SEO’d, horribly converting website.)
3. Are you ready to commit the 2-4 hours per day that will be necessary to properly promote your site?
If you realize the value of setting up a social media public relations campaign but do not have the time or experience necessary to properly execute your plan give Sales Secret a call at 954-271-1140 to setup a free consultation.
There’s no doubt that it takes time and energy to use social media well. A good plan might look like this:
- Do some research and decide which social media sites would best suit your interests
- Learn how to use social media so that you benefit and other users don’t get ticked off
- Spend some initial time making friends and connecting
- Set aside regular time to keep up with your contacts and contribute meaningfully
- Remember that it’s all about making relationships: without this you won’t succeed in social media.
Depending on how many social media sites you subscribe to and how many individuals you interact with, your social media activities might take several hours per day to execute.
Social media can:
- Help establish your brand
- Help you decide on a direction for your business
- Create trust and credibility
- Spread the word about your products (no cost marketing)
- Facilitate joint ventures and other entrepreneurial opportunities
Sales Secret, located in Fort Lauderdale FL, creates social media public relations campaigns that blanket your target market with positive information about your company and its products and services. In a reputation management setting social media can be used as a means of damage control and media crisis prevention. Contact us at 954-271-1140 today for a free consultation.